Saturday, February 2, 2008

Kylie - In My Arms & Wow videos


Kylie - In My Arms & Wow videosUnless you live under a rock, you probably know that Kylie is fierce. After the worthy but ultimately not terribly exciting lead single '2 Hearts' and its video, Kylie is well and truly back on form with sensational videos for 'In My Arms' and 'Wow.'

'In My Arms' (.mp4 format) features several Kylies: Kylie in 'too cool for school' mode, rocking around a futuristic recording booth (note the return of a super cool mic!); Kylie as pure pop princess, complete with ringlets!; and Kylie as nutso fan fanatic. Yeah, I'm not so sure about that one either but it works wonderfully! This is one of the best videos of Kylie's career; Pop Trash Addicts says that the opening seconds in the recording booth are 'positively iconic' and I agree wholeheartedly!

Kylie - In My Arms & Wow videosAfter all that perfection, you might expect 'Wow' (.mp4 format) to not live up to expectations - and you'd be wrong! Kylie rips up the disco and raves on the dancefloor in this spacey, slightly sci-fi vid. Looking too nifty in a spacesuit and platinum bob, our girl grooves amidst strobing lights (too many, say Ofcom!) and even dances around a glowing pole! (Not as dirty as it sounds.) I especially like the bit where it gets all black-light-y and Kylie dances around in a glowing wig. Neat!

These songs are the kind celebratory anthems that Kylie is known and rightly loved for. 'In My Arms' is simply euphoric, all swooshing synths and vocals, and 'Wow' will have you up and dancing and singing along. The radio version of 'Wow' isn't too different from the album track - the beats just seem to have been beefed up a bit. I have the strangest feeling that 'Wow' could be Kylie's next big hit - it's the kind of simple, feel-good pop that catches public attention. Hopefully other people will feel the same way when the single is released later this month! :)

Cheery bye, Scarlett

Kylie - In My Arms & Wow videos

No comments: