Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mandi Perkins


Mandi PerkinsHere's another great email inbox find! :) Mandi Perkins hails from Canada and, in addition to being a certified attorney in California (how beautifully random!), is a talented 'rock chick' who came out with her first major label release, Alice In No Man's Land, on August 5. I can't imagine anything but great things coming her way now!

With her distinctive, powerful-but-nuanced voice and passionate, personal lyrics, Mandi could probably sing anything but she sounds right at home in the rock sounds of Alice In No Man's Land. 'Who I Am' (the song I was linked to in the email) is an air-punching, guitar driven declaration of Mandi's identity - 'who I am is who I've always been, you never changed anything' - and the rest of the album (which I cunningly found on the internets) continues in that intense but melodic vein. Tracks like 'Everybody Knows' and 'Crawl' (my two faves on the album!) are wonderfully heavy and emotional, but songs such as the beautiful title track and 'I Fall Down' are more subdued and let the intricacies of Mandi's expressive vocals shine through.

The radio and music TV stations are cluttered with prefabricated, sterile 'singer-songwriters' - here's your chance to hear some genuine, heartfelt talent! Check out Mandi Perkins at her official website and MySpace and download Alice In No Man's Land on iTunes!

Cheery bye, Scarlett

Mandi Perkins

No comments: