Saturday, November 15, 2008

Albums I'm looking forward to!


It looks like the end of the year is shaping up to be the best part of 2008, music-wise! :) There are several upcoming albums that I'm eagerly anticipating the release of. November and December can't come soon enough!
  • Girls Aloud will release their fifth studio album Out Of Control on November 3. I adored Tangled Up (from last year) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that OOC will be just as good, if not even better! The girls have already released the first single from the album, the sixties-inspired 'The Promise,' which also comes with a fab b-side called 'She.' One of the album's tracks, 'The Loving Kind,' was penned for the group by the Pet Shop Boys! I'm far too excited about this album! :)
  • Sarah Brightman's Christmas album, A Winter Symphony, will be on sale on November 3. Sarah's voice will perfectly complement the wintry tracks on the album which include 'Silent Night,' 'Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring,' and 'Amazing Grace.' I was a bit disappointed with her January release 'Symphony' - too schmaltzy, Sarah! :O - so I'm looking forward to this new album. :)
  • Enya has a Christmas/winter-themed album, And Winter Came, coming out too on November 11. Enya's trademark sound is perfect for the holiday season and first single 'Trains And Winter Rains' is a good sign that the album will be great! :)
  • Dido will return to the music scene with Safe Trip Home on November 18 in the US. The two songs previously released from the album, 'Look No Further' and the single 'Don't Believe In Love,' are beautiful (the single has funky bass!) so I'm guessing the full album will be lovely. I really love Dido's first two albums so I can't wait for Safe Trip Home!
  • And finally, the legendary Miss Britney Spears. :) Her album, Circus, is set to be released on December 2 in the US. After the awesome but under-promoted Blackout from last year, I've got high hopes that Circus will be a super pop experience. The first single from the album, 'Womanizer,' was recently released and I'm loving it!
Cheery bye, Scarlett

Albums I'm looking forward to!

No comments: