Friday, January 18, 2008

John Inman - Are You Being Served, Sir? (Single) (1975)


John Inman - Are You Being Served, Sir? (Single) (1975)Apropos of nothing, I feel like writing a short entry about a nifty little song that, I'm guessing, not many people have heard. I first heard it a few summers ago when I downloaded it and what with it being summer now, why not post it? :)

Are You Being Served? is a classic and well-loved British TV comedy. Beginning with the pilot broadcast in 1972 and ending with its tenth series in 1985, the cast of the department store-set comedy brought good-natured laughs into British homes, and when PBS stations began running the series, into American homes too. One member of that cast, the great John Inman, actually released a single in 1975 that hit 39 on the UK singles charts: 'Are You Being Served, Sir?'
John Inman - Are You Being Served, Sir? (Single) (1975)
John Inman's sad passing this past March inspired me to dig up the CD I had burned the song on. I think 'Are You Being Served, Sir?' is a cute little tune and a neat 'oddball' addition to anyone's iPod. It's pretty catchy, too! Give it a listen!

Cheery bye, Scarlett

John Inman - Are You Being Served, Sir? (Single) (1975)

No comments: