Sunday, June 22, 2008

Albums I'm excited about!


There are a few albums that will be released over the summer and into the fall that I'm excited about. Here are my thoughts:
  • Niyaz - Nine Heavens (June 24 2008) / Azam Ali, Loga Ramin Torkian, and Carmen Rizzo (Niyaz) are releasing their second album, Nine Heavens, on June 24. I'm a big fan of their self-titled debut - a mesmerizing blend of Persian folk and electronic music - and I can't wait to hear the great new tunes they've come up with. What makes Nine Heavens ultra-nifty is that it comes with a disc of the songs played acoustically. You can download one of the tracks here (I haven't, because I want to wait to hear the album in its entirety!)!
  • The Verve - TBA (August 2008?) / Richard Ashcroft and friends are back together and I for one am looking forward to hearing what they've come up with. First single 'Love Is Noise' is going to be played on the BBC's Radio One - you can listen to it live here - on June 23. Exciting stuff!
  • Myl?ne Farmer - TBA (Fall 2008) /The first single from the as-yet-untitled album, 'D?g?n?ration,' has been released to French radio stations and is floating around online (here it is, if you haven't heard it yet!). 'D?g?n?ration' isn't my fave Mylene song, and it probably never will be, but it certainly is a cool sounding song. Can't wait to hear the whole album!
  • Dido - TBA (September 2008?) / Dido's new album has been in the works forever, it seems, but I'm betting that it'll be worth the wait. Her first two albums, No Angel and Life For Rent, are excellent pieces of downtempo pop and it'll be interesting to hear how her music has progressed in the years since.
I'm sure other new albums will come about that I'll love, but these are the ones I'm marking my calendar for! :)

Cheery bye, Scarlett

Albums I'm excited about!

No comments: