Saturday, January 12, 2008

Emmy Rossum - Inside Out EP (2007)


Emmy Rossum - Inside Out EP (2007)Emmy Rossum is probably best known for playing the role of Christine Daae in the 2004 film version of The Phantom of the Opera. At least that's all I knew about her, until I came across her Inside Out EP on iTunes. After listening to 'Slow Me Down', a classy breath of fresh air that showcases Emmy's lovely, lush voice, I decided that this Emmy Rossum person is one to listen out for! The rest of the EP is cool too: 'Stay' is ballad-ish and has lovely ambient production, while 'Falling' is a great classy pop song.

Emmy has this to say about her forthcoming album:
�I didn�t want this album to be like, �Look what I can do.� People have heard me hit the high �E� in Phantom of the Opera, and I�ll use that range to occasionally add different colors. But I wanted to create a kind of music that would allow me to use my voice as another instrument. I sing the parts that would be played by guitar or piano. I tried to discover, how much can you do without instruments? What is the boundary of the human voice?�
That sounds pretty nifty to me. (Yes, artists like Enya and Imogen Heap have explored this musical territory before, but they certainly don't have the monopoly on it.) Emmy's songs so far are fresh, interesting, melodic pieces of classy pop - we need more of that on the radio! :)

Mark your calendars for the October 23 release of her debut album, Inside Out!

Have a listen to the EP - you're gonna love it!

Emmy Rossum - Inside Out EP (2007)
Inside Out
EP (2007)
1. Slow Me Down
2. Stay
3. Falling
Here!

Cheery bye, Scarlett

Emmy Rossum - Inside Out EP (2007)

No comments: